Links to Marriage Resources
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter Home Page
- National Marriage Encounter
- Focus on the Family with Dr. James Dobson
- Recovering Couples Anonymous (12 Step program for couples recovery)
- Marriage Retourno
- Choosing a Marital Therapist
- Marriage Support Newsgroup
- Coalition for Marriage, Family and Couples Education
- Communication and Having Fun
- The Ten Marks of a Happy Marriage
- Other Marriage Programs
- National Institute of Relationship Enhancement
- Life Partners
- Marriage Talk Radio
- Divorce Busting
- The Positive Way®
- Bride and Groom Communication Online-Manual
- The Impact of Divorce on Children
- Cana Thoughts
- Family and Home Network
- Family Dynamics Institute
- Garbage Dumping
- International Academy for Marital Spirituality
- Library for the Interdisciplinary Study of Marriage
- Marriage Builders
- Restore Ministries International
- Strengthening Families
- Seven Signs of a Sick Marriage
- St Michael's Institute
100 Hints: How to Stay Married for Life : Insights From Those Married 50 Years or More! by Bill Morelan, Honor Books, 1996. A collection of stories from those who are living happily ever after.
The 100 Best Ways to Stay Together , by Ben White, Dell Publishing Co., 1998. A selection of short, whimsical tips in a 76-page paperback.
Fighting for Your Marriage : Positive Steps for Preventing Divorce and Preserving a Lasting Love," by Howard Markman and Scott Stanley, Jossey-Bass Publishing, 1996. Based on 20 years of marriage research, this book outlines how to create a strong marriage by learning healthy communication techniques.
The Heart of Commitment , by Scott Stanley, Thomas Nelson, 1998. This book by the co-director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies at the University of Denver focuses on creating a commitment-based marriage.
We Can Work It Out: How to Solve Conflicts , Save Your Marriage and Strengthen Your Love for Each Other, by Clifford Notarius and Howard Markman, Perigee, 1994. An easy-to-use handbook for successful relationships.
Love, Honor & Negotiate: Making Your Marriage Work , by Betty Carter and Joan Peters," Pocket Books, 1996. How to renegotiate your marriage contract and deal with practical as well as emotional changes that occur throughout your marriage.
Marriage Savers , Bethesda , Md. Information: 301/469-5870. Founded by Michael and Harriet McManus, this nonprofit group works with religious and civic groups all over the country to prevent divorce through premarital education and counseling.
Successfully Different - An Alternative to Divorce : ...shows how to make love work by stressing the need to accept and appreciate your partner for being unique and different. Details solutions for building solid foundation.
Chocolate Ain't Enough...No More : ...gives reader optimistic and realistic view on how to get life back on the winning track. Any woman ready to look inward and admit that happiness and real security come from their own accomplishments will find this book inspirational and uplifting.
Loving Tough, Loving Smart, Loving You - You and the Alcoholic : ... an eye-opening guide for those living with of loving an alcoholic. Gives clear and common sense alternatives for those who choose not to "work the Steps" of AA. Offers the reader a way to regain self-respect and dignity.
- Earthen Vessels
- Catholic Messages USA - Resources/News/Directory
- Our Sunday Visitor: Your Catholic Newspaper
Links to Lay Ministry Resources (Under construction)